problem with 32" lcd tv

danbr

Joined Mar 19, 2011
Hi,

I have a problem with a sanyo 32" lcd tv. The screen is black but there is sound. I have used a torch on the screen and can see that it is infact working just the lighting isnt working. I presume this would be the inverter board? I have attached an image below, have tested that 24v is coming into the board but nothing is going out to the outputs to the screen. Can someone confirm that this is correct and that this board just needs replacing?

Cheers,
Danny

Attachments

EdGs

Joined Mar 10, 2011
Sounds to me like it might be just that, but you can search the net with your model# and problem and you may find a site that that might have the solution for your exact problem, and maybe instructions and vids too.

I have fixed a couple flat panel monitors this way. One had 2 bad capacitors - 59 cents for parts, and the other had 4 bad transistors on the inverter board - they cost about $4 for all. An hour later, they were up and running, and still are 5 years after the repairs.

Good luck and post back if you get it sorted out.

Ed

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Hi Danny, Where you measured 0V you are lucky the supply isnt working, otherwise your multi meter may have been wrecked as that plug looks like the feed to the backlight tubes. This is generaly HV AC not a lot of current but does burn (ive experienced this my self)