Problem in LCD of LP-PIC DEM 2 PLUS Demo Kit

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by ecaits, Jun 27, 2014.

1. ecaits

Thread Starter Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Dear Friends,

In my LP-PIC DEM 2 PLUS Demo Kit, LCD is becoming too dull and not working at all. Before one day, it was flickering but today it was gone totally. I am using 40 pin PIC16F877.

I have checked for any short wire but not found any.

Can anybody know why this problem happen??? What may be the cause for that???

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    If you used a previously proven program and it worked, then the display itself could be the culprit.
    The ones on both versions of Pidem-2 that I have are odd ball type interface, so I have changed mine out for a HD44780 types.
    Max.

3. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Did you try turning the CONTRAST knob?

Sometimes the housing comes apart and the "zebra" strip does not bress the glass hard enough to make good contact.

4. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Lookks like a standard 16pin interface, you could try plugging another display in to see if that fixes it.

5. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    I guess the reason I did not recognize it as a authentic Picdem is that it appears it is a knock off, so most likely can use a standard Hitachi version and will not need to change the program as would be the case in the standard Picdem 2 versions
    Max.