Private Emission.

Discussion in 'General Science' started by BR-549, Sep 22, 2015.

1. BR-549

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Now this is interesting. I thought we just shed molecules and dead cells.

Is this cloud beneficial or a detrimental to health and long life?

Are you responsible for the actions of your cloud?

No search warrants needed for this data base.

The research doesn’t say how consistent the cloud is.

Diet, energy level, sex cycle, season, altitude, age and a whole host of things could effect this, I would think.

They also don’t say where these bio particles come from......the breath or the skin.

If it’s from the skin, wouldn’t a coat of oil stop it temporarily?

At one million per hour, this would also leave a trail. But no mention of this.

Wouldn’t a bacteria trail live longer than an odor trail?

Maybe not. But it is a curious finding.

http://phys.org/news/2015-09-people-emit-personal-microbial-cloud.html

2. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Information cannot be destroyed...even in black holes...

3. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    this smells like loosewire

shortbus likes this.
  4. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    I'm not sure I buy that. If I throw a handful of sand into the surf, it's original shape is destroyed. We don't have any Maxwell's demons or any other idea how to retrieve the data, to separate the signal from the noise. Yes, I can accept that the signal information is still "there", but it's rendered useless by nearly infinite dilution into noise. I argue that, as a result, the information truly is gone.

5. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    My point was that the world is (maybe imperceptibly) changed simply by being here -- regardless if we choose to interact with it or not.

6. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Yup. I'm sure a good bloodhound already knows this stuff.

7. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    It depends on the definition of world and information.

As far as I know, we are the only ones who are aware that there is a world.

We are the only ones that understand what information is and how to misuse it.

The world works on physical force and physical stimuli. The world doesn’t know what information is.

I believe one has to possess at least one more dimension than the world........to be aware of the world.

I don’t believe that time is a dimension. I believe it is a result of inertia. Time is a component of velocity.

It’s the duration of movement. The only reason that there is a duration, is to overcome inertia.

The conflict between inertia and force causes time. The reason it is constant is because the velocity of force is limited by another constant. The velocity of charge, c.

A dog can not use information. Ask one.

8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    And most people disagree with your definition of time.

Dog use info all the time, own one.

shortbus likes this.
  9. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Your anthropocentric arrogance is showing.

#12 likes this.
  10. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Somehow, my dog will not bite a child...no matter what I tell it (the dog) to do or what the child does.

But if I tell him to kill a man, he will.

nsaspook likes this.
  11. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    Animals can use information, otherwise what would the purpose be of having 5 basic senses?

#12 likes this.
  12. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    Obviously, this proves the existence of cooties.

A signal or a stimuli can not be classified as information, unless a comparative decision is made with it.

Information is symbol use. It’s language. It’s meaning substitution. Like math, it’s a manmade concept.

We are the only ones that use it. We are the only ones that need it.

To use and process information, you must have language.

Other life forms can make a choice, but not a decision.

A choice is quick and impulsive, based on present stimuli and current environment.

A decision is based on the future. It’s for a time not here yet.

Stimuli can not be stored. Information can be stored and used repeatedly.

If any other creature “used information”, we would be talking to them.

Modern science is full of standard-less definitions.

13. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    IMO anyone who has a dog should think your statement is ridiculous.
    http://slimdoggy.com/how-do-dogs-make-decisions/

14. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Or a cat. Or anyone that requires evidence to back up outrageous claims.

15. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    When I was younger, I use to hunt with dogs. It was one of my most enjoyable and satisfying activities I’ve ever done.

I understand where you are coming from. But I also know that dogs really do display a quantum effect.

The way they behave, does depend on if you are watching or not.

There is a easy test for using information. Make an unique appointment.

If the life form shows up without stimuli, it’s using information.

16. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    My dog was waiting for me every day after school at the bus stop a 1 mile from the house right on time. Nobody was watching him or made him go, he just decided it was fun to run home with me but sometimes he was a little late from chasing a rabbit on the way.

17. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
  18. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Anyone who has had a dog has seen them reason problems out. They also have a sense of humor. They think, they have emotions, and they can get into mischief out of boredom.

#12 likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    My dogs actually taught me a few things!

The one that was slow natured ran the other dogs on a follow-the-leader chase through 3 circuits of the yard and house. On the fourth circuit, he hid behind the couch instead of circling the recliner and going out the back door. The other pups, having lost sight of him, had resorted to sniffing him out, then he came around the other end of the couch and pounced on them!

The moral of the story is that "slow" doesn't mean "stupid". The slow natured puppy had created a behavior pattern, planned a deception, and out-smarted the whole rest of the pack!

20. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I've seen dogs perform significant reasoning and also exhibit very strong memory skills.

I had a dog when I moved out of my townhome but I didn't sell the townhome for nearly three years. My dog had a favorite toy (a rope pull-toy) that had gotten left at the townhome. I knew it was there but had never bothered to pick it up. More than two years after we moved I brought her over to the townhome with me one time when I was going to do some work. Immediately upon entering the front door she raced up the stairs, into the master bedroom, and came running back down with the rope ready to play tug-of-war. Another time I took her over to my parents house. She had not been there in well over a year (and had only been there once before). When my stepmom let her out into the back yard she immediately ran over to the flower bed, grabbed a rose bush my stepmom had planted a few months before, pulled it out of the ground and dug under it to get the bone she had buried there, unbeknownst to any of us, the last time she was there.

I've had dogs plan practical jokes with malice aforethought and be extremely pleased with themselves after pulling it off.

Then, of course, there's my present two dogs. I don't have to worry about them outsmarting much of anything.

#12 and nsaspook like this.