Priority Input?

Peter James

Joined Mar 19, 2011
Hey all,

So, I'm a noob on all these circuits. I was taught the basic logic gates, but that is it. So, just to let you know where I am at, here's my question:

I have two circuits, one always closed (A), and one USUALLY open (B), that both give analogue input to a device when they are closed. I want to give B priority when it is closed, to have A ignored. If both inputs go through, it can ruin the system. How can I achieve this?

In context, I have a device with controls built into it, however, I want a port so I can have a second control device with identical controls. This would be a wireless or cabled device, to give some flexibility for the person operating the device, rather than having to be right at the device. However, if both inputs are received at the same time, it causes a collision, and for some reason FRIES the board.

Thanks for the advice.

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
It was not much clear what you want to do... but may be a 1-to-2 line decoder may switch the signal of the two circuit A and B as you want....

Anyway if you give us a bit more info on this stuff like what are these circuit A and B we may help you a bit more.

Good luck