Printing the books

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by sbombs, Apr 14, 2010.

1. sbombs

Thread Starter Member

Feb 26, 2010

I am considering using some of the AAC texts as official texts in some course(s). I currently use them as supplements to our official texts.

I expect to meet some resistance. One point that has been mentioned is the availability of printed copies.

Has anyone any experience / idea of the cost of obtaining printed versions? I understand that I may print them myself, but is there a publisher that will print them / has printed them? Has anyone hired a print shop to print and bind them?

2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    The mod's will look into it.
  3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
  4. sbombs

Thread Starter Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Ahh, I knew it had to exist. Harvard has one, and they list their prices.

Looks like about $20.00 per or 4 cents per page, in color. Unless I've misunderstood it.

Thanks for the link.
  5. Dcrunkilton

E-book Co-ordinator

Jul 31, 2004
    See this thread What it says is that the printed Volumns are available at Lulu . This would almost certainly be no color at the low prices listed.

I would take a serious look at encouraging students to avoid paying for a book at all by using the PDF version or even the HTML.

Final note: The next problem that comes up is the lack of homework problems at the end of the chapters. The answer is that jrap of AAC has organized Tony Kuphaldt's (homework) worksheets, a different project, to correspont to the Different volumns. See worksheets lin at the top right of this page.