printer issue full ink,bad prints?

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
I have an hp printer and the ink is new i've used it twice.
I barley prints words or anything but i switched to an unopened ink cart and printed fine.
I normally put the ink back in the ink container but i forgot ounce.
then this issue occured.
Tried cleaning it but still no go and its still full of ink.
why?
and thank you

dataman19

Joined Dec 26, 2009
So you dried up the ink cartridge ink channels? Bad, very bad.
The only thing you can do is drain it completely and then fill it with an ink solvent, then pressurize it enough to force the ink to drip from the catridge through the ink capillaries.
BTW HP Ink cartridges do not play well when they are dried out. My useful suggestion is to get new cartridges (but look out for WalMart Fakes. My better half shops at Wal Mart. When her HP Printer ran out of ink she trotted down to WalMart and bought two ink cartridges. They didn't work. Ordered two from HP and "they" worked. Sent the two WalMart ones to HP to attempt to get refund - because the local WalMart does not refund bad ink cartridges. Anyway, HP told us they were HP Knock offs - I was very happy to scan and send HP both Cartridge receipts.).
This is why I shop WalMart only as a last resort (short of doing without for a year or so).
Good luck with your HP printer. By the way - you never told us the model number.
Hint - Most HP Ink Cartridges use those silly micro dots (only they taint so micro). They look like dark pimples on the cartridge. If you run an HP ink cartridge dry that has one of these - you will have to replace the dot to get the cartridge to work, even if you fill it with ink. One of my associates refills his printers, his laser jet cartridges and I swear I wouldn't put it past him to re-ink his typewriter ribbons and Ink pens. He has tons of the dots in a little box (but getting two or three from him is like pulling steak out of a Bengal Tigers mouth).
Like I said - good luck with the HP Printer.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Check out THIS outlaw, hot rod machine!

Ink jet printers are a scam, if they were not, they would all work this way.

Here in Asia, everyone uses this system, you go to the store and buy bottles of ink, pour it in, and off you go. This printer has been going for a year, probably 2500 pages and I still have yet to refill these giant ink tanks.

Ink is fed to the print head by a moving service loop of tiny hoses.

It's a hack, they install this rig in the printer, there is a little board that attaches to the internal print cartridge that tricks the firmware into thinking you have replaced the cartridge when you press a little button.

I have pressed this button about 20 times...

Attachments

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Nice setup! :D

I just use a real old bubblejet from before the "evil days" when they started putting microchips inside the ink cartridges that stop it working after X pages. All I have to do is fill the ink up.

Gdrumm

Joined Aug 29, 2008
It is best to leave the cartridges in there until they run out of ink.
Even if you print only a few pages a day, they won't dry up for at least a year (my experience).

HTH,
Gary