Print off a Currency bill

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I just found out the hard way that current printers refuse to print currency copy.
I can scan Canadian $20.00 bills that I wanted to use them as a simple kids trick, not pass them off as the real thing, but whether PDF or JPG my new Epson printer refuses to print.
Max.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Congratulations. You just found the chip that keeps you from committing a Federal Crime.
Entirely with Brownout on this one. Get some handi-wipes ready to clean the fingerprinting ink off your hands.

FWIW:

I am uncertain as regards Canadian law, though it seems copies/photographs of US currency are deemed lawful provided:

"-The illustration is of a size less than three-fourths or more than one and one-half, in linear dimension, of each part of the item illustrated

-The illustration is one-sided

-All negatives, plates, positives, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, optical storage devices, and any other thing used in the making of the illustration that contain an image of the illustration or any part thereof are destroyed and/or deleted or erased after their final use"

Attribution: US Secret Service

Donning foil hat
HP:D

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
If you want to make passable currency copies you need to use an old fashioned color copier with special ink and paper and then post treat it with a specific chemical that makes the counterfeiting check markers work the way they are supposed to ;)

Not that I know anything about that.

BTW anyone want to buy some new $50 bills? There's only $20 apiece payable by credit card or bank check of course. ! :D

Joined Nov 30, 2010
and...we're back to discerning the difference between courage and ambitious stupidity.
I love the way this guy pokes the bear. It's the opposite of my method. I try to stay under the radar, he wants the powers that be to know he is about as manageable as trying to herd cats. :D

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Counterfeit currency is a huge problem for any civilized country, as it undermines the entire financial system. If left unchecked in a given country, other countries would stop trusting their currency. It became such a problem in the USA that every denomination from $5 on up was redesigned with new security features to make counterfeiting far more difficult; even so, I've heard that some pretty difficult-to-detect fakes of the new bills have been found. The US Secret Service is VERY actively looking for counterfeiters and counterfeit currencies; and I would not be surprised if they shared such info with any country we do trade with.

Your best bet would be to buy play money at a store; it's realistic enough for kids and nobody wearing badges, guns and hancuffs will care.

Last edited: