pride mobility speed pot

jj20030

Joined Mar 19, 2013
didnt want to be another thread digger upper here and a newbie too :D so,
anyway, pride moblity wont even talk to you and even on their forum they just say contact provider, my problem is im not electronics smart at all but i have a pride legend xl, the speed potentiometer was just replaced, i ask the guy to make sure to get the same numbers on the tag as once before it was replaced and the new one was a lot slower that the one replaced,

well today the new one is slower again and the numbers on the speed harness are the same except numbers on the bottom are different? what is it that makes one faster than the other?

and is it the #'s on the tag or the #'s on the potentiometer itself? on the older faster one the # on top is DWR9660H008 and underneath it is CCL053/2008 and on the potentiometer itself says 7n4 b25k and on the newer slower one number on top is the same but # under says CCL183/2011 and on the potentiometer says on3 b25k. ask the guy that worked on trying to get a faster one but im trying to find one just incase.

what the older one started doing was you could turn the speed up 3/4 of the way and it would go but higher than that it would cut off, could cleaning or deoxit work?
seems these just go out when they go and pride is no help, im really wondering what makes one faster than the other cause i want to go as fast as it will,lol, thanks, jj

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
My guess is that the maximum speed is not being limited by the speed potentiometer.
I believe the maximum speed is controlled by the drive electronics. You need to take your scooter in to a reliable service center for proper servicing.

jj20030

Joined Mar 19, 2013
i have the old and new speed pot here, i can still use the old one and is is vey much faster than the new one even with it not going all the way up, it just got back from a service place , there is def. something differnt between the 2 potentiometer as i can change them both out myself and see the differnce in them, nothing else in the scooter thats affecting it other than the potent. like i said it happened before when they changed it out and finally got the right one, hoping they can this time but im looking into just incse they dont

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Do you have an ohmmeter by which you can measure the resistance of both pots and compare?

Some speed controllers are not pots but optical sensors.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I guess it could be a 25kΩ pot. Compare this with the other pot.
A simple resistance measurement would conform this. See if you can find someone with an ohmmeter.