Previous Projects

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by OneTwo, May 18, 2011.

1. OneTwo

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Hello everyone,

I have a literature review that's due on Friday. I know it's bit of a last minute work as am too busy with my other subjects. Just to come to the point, I am doing two-way Intercom system.

I need to do literature review before I get down to the real project. However, I have searched on previous projects regarding this and to see if anyone else done it. You are all very aware of why I would need previous reports of similar or close-to projects so will save you the time explaining it. Could anyone give me directions as to where I could get or where at least I could search on them?

My best friend, Google, is giving me nothing concrete as yet.

Any help. Please reply a.s.a.p as you can see time isn't on my side :D

cheers

2. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Hi, OneTwo.
    A member on another forum was discussing a two-way intercom, and it dragged out to 19 pages (about 190 posts) and goes into great detail. It may help you.
    Here is one of the schematics suggested in the thread:
    [​IMG]
    The discussion can be found at http://www.electro-tech-online.com/...ideas-reviews/113117-intercom-door-phone.html
    It would be a good place to start, anyway.
    I wish you the best of luck with your project :)
    Regards,
    Der Strom

3. OneTwo

Jun 25, 2010
    That's awesome, mate, DerStrom8. Thanks. I will look into that.

Not sure if they discuss previous similar projects there. Would have helped me doing my literature review to suggest how mine is different from other similar and already finished projects.

cheers

4. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
  5. OneTwo

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks shortbus. I will look into those links. Must have searched wrongly :(

6. OneTwo

Jun 25, 2010
    I thought I should share my circuit just in case something is wrong (and am might be missing)

http://i.imgur.com/aIIGW.jpg

There is the circuit. It's not a lot different from the one DerStrom8 from quick comparison.

This is the first circuit that I would draw using DIP trace so obviously am noob at this ;).

Is my circuit diagram a better choice? Or the one DerStrom8 provided. Don't mean disrespect but just want to use the best one (or most reliable one.. don't want to stress my poor little brain only for the circuit diagram to be wrong!).

Cheers

PS: Of course it's not MY circuit persay as I got from a shop...

7. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    No offense taken--We all wish you the best. I haven't built the circuit I posted, so there could very well be better ones.
    Good luck!
    DS