pressure sensor

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by prescott2006, Oct 9, 2010.

1. prescott2006

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Hi, I want to build a pressure sensor. The components come to my mind include PVDF film, Flexiforce, Interlink FSR. Any others better recommendation? Which of the sensors that you guys think is the best in term of repeatability?

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    I don't know anything about pressure sensors except that you can buy them for pennies. Do you just want to make one for fun?

3. windoze killa

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 23, 2006
    What sort of pressure are you talking about? Air pressure? fluid Pressure? Weight pressure?

More info would help.

4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  5. macellan

Dec 12, 2009
    Can i add some more thing to this question?

I have build a simple pressure sensing circuit by using MPXV7025 IC (given in the datasheet ) and now i want to widen its output at some specific values. That's it is given about 2.4 V output at 1 atm. However i want it to give me an output between for example 2 to10 V for pressure changing in the area 0.5 < X < 1 atm .

6. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Op-amp with a gain of 4. Second op-amp if you need to offset the voltage. In other words, with a dual op-amp you can set both the zero and the span, to get anything you want OUT from the range coming IN.

7. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008

Actually, you should have started your own thread. A thread belongs to the OP (original poster), and should be focused on his problem.

This is called hijacking a thread, and is strongly discouraged.

8. Dyslexicbloke

Sep 4, 2010
    Whatever you go for expect to have to add temperature compensation, even if you buy a commertial sensor! Usually the changes are so small its effectivly a given, many commertial units use a constant current sensing circuit to help with this issue.
    I have a data sheet on some readily available units if your interested give me a shout and I will post it.

Al