Predictive text generated conversation

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I have a similar system at home but I call it my wife.
I had one of those, long ago; but in her case, everything I said-- no matter what it was-- brought forth a bitter diatribe about sexism, racism, and the Oppressive Capitalist White Male Patriarchy.

That got real old, real quick.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I know better. Scientific logic and reasoning has no place with absurd belief systems that are held up by a false sense of self righteous superiority.

I mean if someone tells you they can't have diabetes after having been positively confirmed by multiple medical tests because her horoscope and astrology charts did not say she would get it?????????? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I mean if someone tells you they can't have diabetes after having been positively confirmed by multiple medical tests because her horoscope and astrology charts did not say she would get it?????????? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Perfect. If you explain precisely who the Grebulons are, and what they are doing on Rupert, she will likely accept you explanation quite happily. You will need to do some research first.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
She never takes my explanations happily. Default mode and what not prevents it you know.

Expecting a non confrontational reply from her is like expecting Hydrochloric Acid to play well with most anything organic. :rolleyes:

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I think the reason autobabble text is so fascinating is because it resembles the ravings of a crazy person. And "crazy" both alarms us and fascinates us, kind of like a crash scene.
Absolutely. And what scared me about the madness represented in the movie "A Beautiful Mind" is how easily any of us could fall over the cliff from sanity.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I'd say insanity is the mother of creativity...
I'd say many of us spend a lot of time in our heads. It can get quite cozy in there -- and far more entertaining than the real world.

Edit: this is why I told my wife, "If there's even one neuron left firing in there, don't pull the plug. It is likely having a ball entertaining itself."

Last edited: