Pre-lube/post-lube Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtbcoop

Joined Apr 1, 2013
I'm wanting to build a pre-lube/post-lube circuit for my M35A2 deuce and a half. I would like the circuit to pre-lube with a push button and post-lube when the ignition turns off. The pump will be controlled by a 24v relay and the timing will be controlled by a 555 timer. In this circuit, R1 will be adjustable to set the time of the post lube. The button next to R1 is for the pre-lube. I'm guessing that I probably should have added a relay before the diode so that pin 2 actually grounds instead of floating...thoughts? Please give me any and all feedback! It's been a long time since I have done any circuit design and am in no way attached to this design. I just want the most reliable and most simple circuit possible. Thanks for your help!

Questions:
How can I make the pump turn off as soon as the ignition turns on (pre-lube)?
Will the pump continue if ignition stays low (off) or does a monostable only run on a trigger FALL?
What values for Q1 and R2 (unlabled)?
What diode should I use?
Is there a good way to waterproof this circuit? The deuce is capable of fording rivers so there is a good possibility that this circuit could get wet. I was thinking ofembedding the circuit in hot glue/resin/etc but I'm not so sure I can do that with Q1 in the circuit...

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.