Practice Makes Perfect

vineo763

Joined Aug 13, 2006
Hey, I'm new to electronics. My company has all of this test equipment that I would like to get familiar with as soon as possible: Tektronix WFM 700
TEKTRONIX 1730 D
SG505 OSCILLATOR
AA 501 DISTORTION
ANALYZER
PG 502 PULSE GENERATOR

Does anyone know of any electronic projects that I can play with to get familiar with this stuff. It sucks being new to electronics.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
You may wish to let people know what your level of competence is; are you completely new to electronics, if so you are best advised taking the course of action thingmaker3 has suggested, otherwise if you have had experience in using test equipment before then let us know how much experience - it is easier for people to make suggestions when they know what level you are at.

Dave

vineo763

Joined Aug 13, 2006
Sorry guys. I have an AS in electronics technology. I don't have much work experience because I'm a recent graduate. I'm familiar with the oscilloscope, function generator, multimeter, and DC power supply. I'm able to read schematics also. I'm able to prototype also

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Although I cannot think of anything off the top of my head right now, you are most probably looking at some form of television analysis/monitoring experiment, or something where you can use the equipment to analyse a video-display.

Other than this I cannot recommend anything. Hopefully my above suggestions will prompt someone with video-display/television experience to suggests something more specific.

Have you considered approaching the manufacturers, they often have suggested projects to allow a user to gain familiarity with a project, or to give companies a starting point for training programmes. It may be worth getting into contact with them.

Dave