Practical knowledge help

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by saraswathi.95, Feb 14, 2014.

1. saraswathi.95

Thread Starter Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Hello,
    can anyone help me in getting started with my practicals regarding electronics and communications,
    Till now i am just learning the theory and spent my time in analyzing them through my imagination,but now i am really interested in applying them but i am unable to find my way in getting started,please suggest me

2. ericgibbs

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 29, 2010
  3. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Another way is to experiment with electronics virtually using an analog simulator, such as the free LTspice from Linear Technology. It has a somewhat steep learning curve but well worth the effort. A possibly easier approach for simple circuits is to use an on-line simulator such as this, although they generally don't have all the capabilities of a Spice type simulator.

Simulating a circuit helps to get the bugs out of the circuit so it is more likely to operate correctly before you build it with real parts.

4. saraswathi.95

Thread Starter Member

Apr 11, 2013
    i am unable to open your url(to crutschow)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  5. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    I would start with basic circuits like led circuit , voltage divider ,op amp, pull up and pull down resostor..

6. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    It opens okay for me. It's a simulator by Falstad. It requires Java to run.

7. rc3po

Feb 12, 2014
    I got Maxitronix 500in1 Electronics Lab from Maker Shed.com. It's a great tool for learning analog circuits and a beginner uProcessor.
    It's a fun Lab.