Power up Delay

Anthony Quah

Joined Dec 1, 2007
hi guy,

I am working manufacturing factory..i was wonder why after X'mas holiday, the engineer ask us to power up the machine (Tester modules) in "Stand By" mode for about 30min to 1 hrs before ON the machine.. Do we have any explaination about the process to delay it? I ask the engineer before, he just say the machine is too old to direct power up.. what a unreliable answer.. I hope can get the correct answer from you guy, at least i can learn something here. thanks

Anthony

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It could be to warm up the crystal ovens. They need time to stabilize. In many cases the equipment doesn't get turned off.

leftyretro

Joined Nov 25, 2008
We would have to know a lot more specifics about the equipment you are talking about before we could speculate or add anything intelligent. In the mean time you might just go along with the engineer, it's why s/he makes the big bucks, right;) Take a long coffee break and BS with the guys about your Christmas and before you know it the machine will be ready to go.

At the refinery I worked at there were large steam driven gas compressors that would take about 4 hours running a minimum governor speed before we could ramp them up to rated speed. Took that long for the case and all to warm up evenly, otherwise big time problems and big bucks to repair. There was always a machinery expert on site for start-up those bad boys as the plant operators were just not always careful enough or would take shortcuts.

Lefty

Anthony Quah

Joined Dec 1, 2007
my machine is a Tester....more specific it is a processor testing machine plus with an Input and Output machine to pick/place the unit..i dont think they have any common with temperature stuff..more specific I think it is the electronic part that they are focusing...

I browse thru the web...and some information provided quite related..but I want to know if those with exp have common though as the info i find in the web...