Power Supply.

CIVEDM

Joined Jan 28, 2014
Ugh,.... Im posting again about purchasing a power supply. Im stuck between buying two of these power supplies that have the specs im looking for in terms of voltage and current. They also have coarse and fine adjustment knobs. I would pay about 140 to 190 for the two of them. The current precision is to the hundredths. Then theres this BK Precision thats uber nice with fine adjustments and it has current precision to the thousandths. But it only has one channel. And its 365. What do you think? I always think long term. I might not need something super precise now but i might later. I might need it down the road. I might not need suoer precise at all. Might not need dual channels but i night later down the road. I hate buying stuff for right now. I want for now and later. What do you think?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You will not need super precise down the road but you will need dual down the road.

Hope that answers your dilemma.

CIVEDM

Joined Jan 28, 2014
Is there a difference between getting two singles as oppose to a dual channel? Im thinking no but, ultimately i dont know.

CIVEDM

Joined Jan 28, 2014
Good point so i should get two supplies. Kind of the same thing as buying an all in one printer scanner fax as oppose to buying them all separately.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Linear bench power supplies are generally long life devices and are easy to repair, so I suggest buying used. I have a dual Harrison Labs supply, that I bought used in 1980 and I have never had to open the case.