Power supply w/ automatic ncd charger question

kirayamato_143

Joined Jan 23, 2011
hi everyone i like to ask if this design of my power supply is okay?
i need 3 output 9v,12v, and 24v. the 9v and 12v must be will be use at the same time while the 24v will be use for charging the battery. The lower right corner is my charger circuit which automatically cuts off current
after full charge. It is designed for 12v battery from a 24v source.
I like to ask also if it can be use for charging 9v nicd battery? what modification do i need?
2n2219 and 2n2222 are not available here can i use
2SC1213 (40V 500mA NPN Gen Purp TO-92_?
i ran the schematic but current meter is showing 0A i wonder why?
please help me

Attachments

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
What is the voltage of the battery you are charging and it's current capacity. I don't see you charging anything with a 78L24 Voltage regulator, unless you have several months before you need the battery.

For the 9V NiCad you will need a charging voltage of at least 10.5V, and will also need to monitor the voltage so that when it reaches a set voltage it will switch to a trickle charge at a set voltage and current.

Last edited:

kirayamato_143

Joined Jan 23, 2011
What is the voltage of the battery you are charging and it's current capacity. I don't see you charging anything with a 78L24 Voltage regulator, unless you have several months before you need the battery.

For the 9V NiCad you will need a charging voltage of at least 10.5V, and will also need to monitor the voltage so that when it reaches a set voltage it will switch to a trickle charge at a set voltage and current.
sir i have an updated post about my latest question about battery in this link please help me out thanks http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?p=401169#post401169