Power Supply Selection

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Simon1988, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Simon1988

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Hello all,

This is my first post as I just found out about this great forum.
    I'm currently creating a testing room and I've just bought 12 pressure transducers but the supplier was not helpful when it came to selecting the power supply.

All I know is that they have a range of 7-32V and need about 3 mA per pressure transducer, so times this by 12

I would like something reliable and stable with no voltage drops as it is used for testing. Also if I need to have 2 or 3 power supplies I don't mind.

Regards

Simon

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Do you have a datasheet on these pressure transducers?

Have you used pressure transducers before?

What is your intended application for said transducers?

Usually you'd need to employ an instrumentation amplifier to get a usable output.

3. Simon1988

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Yes, the pressure transducers are unik 5000 from ge, here is a link to the brochure:

http://www.ge-mcs.com/download/pressure-level/920-483F-LR.pdf

I'm using option 3 0 to 5 V 4-wire, under Supply and Outputs with non-hazardous.

No I haven't used them before, the application is for reading the pressures with in piping systems. I have a data logger ready to log the readings yet I'm not able to use the transducers due to not having a power supply.

The data logger is meant to be find with working with these transducers I checked with the supplier of both data logger and pressure transducer.

4. Jaguarjoe

Apr 7, 2010