Power Supply design

Status
Not open for further replies.

satya369

Joined Dec 14, 2009
Hi,
I am working on a project which requires power supply of +/-60V DC. I found a positive voltage regulator(TL783) which can work for this high DC voltage. But, I found it difficult in searching for a negative voltage linear regulator. If you guys have any suggestions of creating a negative voltage supply of this range or if you know any linear voltage regulator this can provide me this range please help me. By the way my project requires a power supply which can supply currents up to 0.3A.

I also though of a circuit which can be used to generate +/-60V volts from a single 120V supply using a opamp and some resistors. But this requires a regulator with a positive and negative terminals. I have attached that circuit to this feed. Can you suggest any such voltage regulator.

Thank you,
Regards
satya.

Attachments

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Any circuit that attaches directly to the mains is a lethal shock hazard. You must find a transformer to give galvanic isolation from the line. A transformer with a center tapped secondary of about 90 volts will give DC voltages high enough to regulate down to +/- 60 VDC.

satya369

Joined Dec 14, 2009
thank you.. for the suggestion. I am planing to implement voltage regulator only after rectifying AC voltage and passing it through the capacitors to get DC voltage with ripple content.

To decrease this ripple content and to keep the voltage stable I am planning to use linear voltage regulator. I need help in this regard to find a negative voltage regulator which can be used.

Bye the way I found the circuit on a video in EEVblog in YouTube. Which uses one battery source to produce positive as well as negative voltages.

satya369

Joined Dec 14, 2009
My circuit consists of opamps, filters and a piezo displacement device. Expecting total load current up to 200-300mA

Status
Not open for further replies.