Power on Creative Gigaworks G500 without vouleme controller

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by nkirk, Nov 5, 2013.

1. nkirk

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Hi All,

I bought a Creative Gigaworks G500 dirt cheap, only the sub (without the control pod) in the intention of hooking it up to my Sony receiver.

Without the control pod its not possible for me to turn on the preamp board or the unit properly, however it was jumped from inside to accommodate the sub input at max volume, bypassing other circuitry.

While Amp works fine there is a DC offset of 2.5 -2.9 v on the input line,hence i'm not comfortable in hooking it to the receiver because it might damage it.

Since its not normal to have such high dc value can anything be done? or any suggestion to wire the input line..

Its a TDA class D bridge design I believe, currently it was wired like in the pictures. Pre-amp(MS0730B) board connects to the power amp(MS0730A)via j1 and j4.

High level schematics to be found below
    w.ww.doc88.com/p-091909452730.html

Any help greatly appreciated.. in getting this thing to turn on by manipulating the 9 pin din connector or to sink the DC offset ?:confused:

Thanks in advance

//nkirk

2. nkirk

Nov 5, 2013
    bump.. any one...

3. Dodgydave

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 22, 2012
    Use a capacitor to block the dc voltage , say a 10uf 16v electrolytic.

nkirk likes this.
  4. nkirk

Nov 5, 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion, would it affect the audio signal, i mean Im ok with anything blocked above 300hz (low pass). can you suggests a value suitable for such frequency? or just 10 uf would do the job, sorry for the extreme noobiness :D

5. umar ar

Dec 12, 2013
    thank nkirk

6. mgsamps

Apr 17, 2013
    HI FRIEND DID YOU GET THE SUB WORKING? I have a similar issue and need advice please. I appreciate this subject is old.

7. HackaJT

Aug 4, 2015
    Did anyone have any luck with the sub? I got two of the buggers I want to get working!

8. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012