POWER MOSFET hlp plz :)

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Shayan22h, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Shayan22h

Thread Starter Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Hi guys,
    I need to know a power MOSFET that has a Rds(on) 10ohm-100ohm in the ohmic region, so as u see it shouldnt be a switch mosfet,[i am using it in active load for a solar panel ] I have looked through internet in the past 3hours all i can find are switch power mosfets with Rds(on) of mili ohm
    so any suggestion ?
    ur help and time re much appreciated !
    cheers ;)

2. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Shayan22h likes this.
  3. Shayan22h

Thread Starter Member

Oct 24, 2012
    thank u so much, seems cool but since my main task is to generate power would be great to chose Rds(on) close to 100ohm,, i have 40V and should draw 10 amp flowing through mosfets (in parallel ) and producing 400w at least with the Parallel mosfets .

Thanks for ur help and time,
    YNWA :)

4. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Add a power resistor in series with the MOSFET drain. It will act the same as a higher Rds.

5. Shayan22h

Thread Starter Member

Oct 24, 2012
    the problem is Mosfet itself is my active load so the power should be generated from the mosfet itself, and adding a Resistor does not help since i am controlling my active load circuit by using an amplifier inputing voltage control from Lab view so as i change the input voltage i expect to get change in Rds(on) [ since i have a negative feedback between amplifier and mosfet ]
    they re connected by equations Voltage input and Rds (on)
    thanks for ur help and time mate,
    cheers ;)