Power - Magnetic Systems/Flux/Permeability

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by caliendo, Nov 11, 2010.

1. caliendo

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hey guys Im new here, hope yall can help me out!

So I have this homework assignment due Monday and it is really kicking my butt

"3- The coil in the magnetic system of the following figure has 400 turns and a resistance of 10 Ohms. The core material may be considered to have infinite permeability.
    a) Draw a magnetic equivalent circuit of the system, showing the appropriate reluctance values.
    b) Determine the flux in each of the air gaps as a function the coil current.
    c) Neglecting core losses, draw an electric equivalent circuit (using resistance and inductance.)"

So I have my circuit as Reluctance 1 on one side, F=Ni in the middle, and then Reluctance 2 on the other. So they're all in parallel. The middle Reluctance is 0 correct?

I found the area of Reluctance 1 (60*50) then the area of reluctance 2 (40*50) but since the permeability is infinite... How do I find the reluctance? I must have dosed off in class when he went over this part because I am thoroughly confused. Do I need to find the reluctance of each gap and use those for my magnetic equivalent? Will each side have 2 reluctances? One for the gap and one normal? Thanks.
  2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008