Power inverter keeps blowing mosfetts

brad20

Joined Apr 7, 2013
The 4 mosfets were Replaced the mosfets they blew again Irf3205 TO 220 case. Can the IRFP064N with a TO 247 case be substituted they both list N-CH 55V 110A for specs but case style is different do both the irf3205 and irf p064n have the same pin out? What else should I Test on this inverter. None of the ic's are burnt however I seen a smd resistor attached to one of the mosfets on the back of the board looks like it cooked printing not readable at all I know the value though. I appreciate any help with this. thank you

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Inverters are nice toys, I have a little 150 watt unit -- however...

If you are building from scratch, or repairing, I would opt for something a sight more substantial than a TO-220 package, and put them on a relatively large heatsink.

Granted, these things often don't provide much room for upgrades...

brad20

Joined Apr 7, 2013
Tiger power 1500 pure sine, whats on the heat sync are u1660 rectifiers and irf 3205 mosfets. As for picture what parts of the board do you need to see the most? The picture 856 behind the red & black wire is a transistor it has brownish flakey substance on the very top of it looks like it might be bad. On the back of the board there are smd resistors with 100 & 472 on em I tested them in circuit the 100 read 5 were 11-12 ohms and one was 5.00 and another 25 the meter was in continuity setting. If you need more pictures or info just let me know.

Attachments