Power First dc motor controller

dustmaker

Joined May 7, 2013
I have a treadmill motor controller made by/for Power First and being a complete novice with only ancient analogue multi meters I have no idea how to connect switches to the board to replace the flashy lights board that set speeds which is no use to mee as I want to power my Taig lathe with it. I have gleaned from the internet that it uses PWM to control the DC motor that is connected to it. The board reference is PF902 or PF901. it is not clear which build it is using making usre of the same circuit board. Has anyone here seen and played with one of these that might be able to help me. The board has an on board power supply which seems to wortk and an optical speed sensor on the motor which feeds back to the boasrd, presumably this regulates the speed. I know that lots of other people have asked similar things but I cannot find anything so far that helps.

dustmaker

Joined May 7, 2013
I realise that my first post is not likely to elicit responses as it looks like I want someone to do the job for me. I have a motor control board made by a taiwanese company called Power First. the board was fitted to a York treadmill machine. there are two problems I have. the first being a common complaint from those trying to adapt mootors from these machines to other uses in that there are few if no circuit diagrams available and certainly no wiring function diagrams available. the second is although all the LEDs come on the motor wont turn from the controll board. The motor works, a lithium drill battery will turn it. So far have identified that the rectifier, an FEP30JP, seems to be damaged as one side seeems to be shorted out. I will replace it. As I want to lose the human interface board with its flashing lights, pulse meter etc I am in the process of trying to draw up a circuit for the board. A challenge as I am having to find out what things are and symbols for them as I go. Similarly its a double sided board so following some of the tracks is a challenge as I dont know what the circuits do so cant take educated guesses when the tracks dissapear under larger components. I am only armed with an aging AVO analogue meter. The ultimate aim is to use the board and the optical speed sensor already on the motor and come up with a rotation speed display and a variable speed control circuit via a pot. The existing speed control is via presets with buttons and touch slow down/speed up buttons. whgen I have completed the diagram of the board circuits I will post here. by the way the board is powered by 240VAC and the motor is 180v DC running as fare as I can tell at about 8 Amps but maybe only 4. Its hard to tell from the uninformative labelling and user manual