Power Divider/Combiner

RFeng

Joined May 30, 2012
Hi,

I'm trying to understand the general operation of a 2-way configuration power divider/combiner - http://www.jfwindustries.com/produc...ider_Combiner_from_JFW_Industries-816-81.html

1. Does the signal from IN1 (if in range) passes to both OUT1 and OUT2 ports 3.5dB (max) isolation?

2. Does the signal from each OUT1 and OUT2 ports passes to IN1 porst with the same 3.5dB (max) isolation?

3. Are OUT1 and OUT2 ports isolated from one another by 20dB (min)?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Rbeckett

Joined Sep 3, 2010
Rfeng,
looks like a trip through the data sheet with particular attention to the test conditions would be the easiest way to get a definative answer. Looks like a cable TV signal splitter, and they are notorious for being variable to extremes. Even a well spec'd item will vary greatly from the data sheets depending on who the manufacturer is and whether they are ISO or other certified manufacturers. If it is a sweat shop part expect up to 20% deviation from published data as a norm. Hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.
Wheelchair Bob

RFeng

Joined May 30, 2012
Hi,

I'm trying to understand the device basic operation.
I have 3 basic questions, mentioned above, which would help me to understand how the device operates.

Can you please refer to these questions?

Thanks.

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
These devices are often based on the Wilkinson power divider / combiner concept. Google it if you want to understand the idea behind it.