power connector.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It's a coaxial DC power jack. They come in different sizes; the center pin might be 2.1mm, 2.5mm, etc. and the jack might be sized to fit a 5mm, 5.5mm or other size barrel.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Yes, the estimable SgtWookie is right. Those power connectors are really irritating to get connectors for, because of the several different sizes. You might haul it into Radio Shack and try to see if you can find a wall wrt that fits. The spec's on the wall wart should include the measurements on that jack. Or buy an assortment and hope to get one that fits.

Usually, the center pin is hot, but you need to make sure before putting power to the circuit.

Sonoma_Dog

Joined Jul 24, 2008
Yes, the estimable SgtWookie is right. Those power connectors are really irritating to get connectors for, because of the several different sizes. You might haul it into Radio Shack and try to see if you can find a wall wrt that fits. The spec's on the wall wart should include the measurements on that jack. Or buy an assortment and hope to get one that fits.

Usually, the center pin is hot, but you need to make sure before putting power to the circuit.
I just went to radio shack, and they don't have it. They have the male jack, but not the female side.
anyone of you know where can i buy them online? i don't want to buy it from the retail stores, since they are bit more expensive then buying it online.
I checked several website, but they dont carry them.
I need the female side of 5mm/2.5mm barrel power jack.

Thanks