Posting a response...

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Visiting this site, logged in, found a topic I want to respond, fill the response and at clicking for submission, a message shows to refresh the page and log in.
Went up on the page and it shows am logged in !
Copied my response text as I have been biten before, refreshed the page and all I typed was gone. Logged in again, pasted and was accepted.

That is a goofy handling of the posting process. If I do not copy and hold the text, it gets lost and all the effort and time put in a thoughtful response is wasted.
Not wise process at all. FIX IT !
Thanks.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Indeed, in the recent months, the site is more and more encumbered by bugs. Unfortunately, the moderating team does not have access to the server or the site software; only the moderators can perform maintenance.

However, historically this kind of bug is transient and since you managed to post here things are looking up. As an extra measure, would it be ok if you cleared your browser cache? Does the problem persist?

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I also experienced this two or three times losing all the response text. So I did the same thing as mentioned by Externet, ie use "select all" and copy the text to Notepad. Then I press "send". If the post goes into limbo. I'd reenter it from the notepad and send it again.

I visited some forums, and they have this "autosave" feature. While you're typing on the response box. I can see the word "Autosave" appears a few times on the lower right corner of the writing box. I am not sure if this can be implemented in AAC.

Allen

Last edited:

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Oops! That's a pity. I hope AAC is not going to lose an experienced member like you due to this software bug.:D

How did you get around with it?

Allen

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
On a positive note, I rarely experience this. When I do, I've accidentally gone to another page. Or another PEBCAC situation. Hope this clears up for you.