possible technology to research into for a new undergrad

Abbin

Joined May 13, 2014
I want some unexplored yet highly applicable technology to research into. I dont know where to start from as I never bothered to learn electrical/electronics previously and also just in my first year of UG. I want to be in MIT or any such university to pursue my masters. I know if I can find something myself to spread my wings, its best. But suggestions will be helpful.

PS: I am extremely interested in innovation and just need somewhere to start action.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
You seem to be getting ahead of yourself. You need to understand the basics before you can expand them into new territory.

That's not to say that you can't teach yourself things outside of your schooling, just that future innovations are built on top of existing innovations, which means you may not understand them or their application very well.

If it's unexplored, how can it be determined to be applicable? That is for the innovator to do.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
how about a studying the feasability of a voice stress analyzer to connect to consumer tv's and radios to detect political candidate lying?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
how about a studying the feasability of a voice stress analyzer to connect to consumer tv's and radios to detect political candidate lying?
Too easy, as you only need a solid red light on when they speak.

True innovation takes hard work and sweat.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It's like saying "I want to be a baseball player, but I only want to hit home runs". You can't hit home runs all the time; you have to look into things yourself, and pursue the promising avenues. It was more of a rhetorical question -- right?