Portable phone charger

ncrenwick28

Joined Mar 2, 2013
Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum and electronics in general really.
I am looking to make a portable phone charger with a twist that i can carry around with me and was looking for some help on how i would build this circuit and how i would order small enough circuit boards cheaply to make this product?

I will be connecting 5 3.6v li-polymer batteries together in parallel to the circuit board which i will want to provide power to a phone through a female usb port and receive power through a female mini usb port.
I would also want there to be an LED system to display the amount of charge present in the 5 batteries. It would also be nice if there could be a button to press so that it would start charging the phone or display the power left via the LED's.

I have already made this product by dismantling a charger bought from ebay that has all this functionality (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251189096965?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649), but by connecting more batteries to the circuit board i don't think it accurately displays the correct charge left and therefore cut's off the charging to the phone prematurely and doesn't charge the 5 cell's correctly either.

So i hopefully want to make a working prototype and eventually hopefully mass produce this product, so it would be great if i could get some help on where to start with building this circuit and then how i would be able to order PCB's of a certain dimension?
Cheers
Nick