Poll: Which forum style do you prefer?

Which forum style do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
If this style continues, I, for one, may become inactive in this forum. Is the change because "there is a need to change?"
jrap wants to add some functionality that wasn't supported in the previous format. The new visuals were an aesthetic choice that didn't turn out so well. There may be a revision.

In the meantime, did you notice that you can revert back to the old site using User Panel -> Preferences?

bighand

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Far too much wasted space - fonts too big, with too much whitespace around everything. And far too many things flying all over the screen just because you moved the mouse over something.

I wish people would stop trying to make everything look like a phone app. Some of us have screens bigger than 3 inches across, and would like to see more than five lines of text at once!

Last edited:

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I wish people would stop trying to make everything look like a phone app.
Microsoft learned that lesson the hard way - says the guy who won't buy Win8.

My big issue with the new format is loss of functionality - to get to Forums requires mousing over several fly-outs and keeping within the lines to avoid having to start over. Added to that is that there is so much space devoted to non-forum stuff that it takes a lot of navigation to see what's going on. On these dowdy blue screens, I can see at a glance the latest posts on ALL of the forums and get right to it - or get back to work if nothing's shaking. Form follows function.

Last edited:

bbiandov

Joined Nov 24, 2007
Agreed with everyone else; I'm not going to go into the philosophical endeavors of human change theory. What sucks sucks. I get it: no Zuckerberg wannabe -- no venture money so the owners do have pressures to deal with but it still hurts for all of us long time members of this community :(