Poll: Web browser you use the most

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tjohnson, Aug 5, 2015.

What web browser do you use the most?

1. Chrome

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. Internet Explorer/Edge

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Firefox

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Safari

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Opera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. tjohnson

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 23, 2014
    What web browser do you use the most? If you use one that supports extensions, which add-ons do you use?

I use Firefox on Windows 8.1, Windows XP, Fedora, openSUSE, and Android. (Is that enough operating systems?:p) I hardly ever use IE or Chrome, although they are the default browsers on Windows and Android respectively.

I have these Firefox extensions installed:
    • Adblock Plus (on Android I use uBlock Origin instead, because it's more lightweight)
    • Avast Online Security (on both Windows PCs which have Avast installed)
    • DownThemAll!
    • Forecastfox (fix version)
    • NoScript Security Suite (only on Windows XP for an added layer of security)
    and I use Firefox Sync to sync my bookmarks between all of my devices.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  2. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    In Linux I use Firefox, with not many extensions/add-on/plug-ins.
    On my laptop, which has WIN7 pre-installed, I'm using Chrome, and the Chromecast extension.

3. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    I've been using chrome for a while simply due to having all my computers linked to work the same when online.

That and its easy to uninstall and reinstall when it gets buggy.

4. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    Chrome mostly because its linked to my email and all the password are saved on google account.Would have used Opera if I could transfer my data on it.

5. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    I went to Chrome because my favorite Firefox, refused to play Utube vid's.
    But Chrome is very buggy, I would have preferred to have stayed with F.F. if had not quit Utube on me.
    Max.

#12 and justtrying like this.
  6. absf

Dec 29, 2010
    Before I switched to Chrome, I used Maxthon.

Allen

7. ErnieM

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 24, 2011
    Firefox, and probably for the same reason I Yahoo over Google: I just like to be different.

At work I am stuck with IE, and it works. Our IT guys don't let us make any changes to our computers.

8. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

At my home PC I use qupzilla most of the time.
    I also have firefox, chrome and konquerer installed.
    (it's a linux PC running OpenSuse).

At the work laptop I use mainly firefox and IE when I need to.

Bertus

9. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Chrome.. Because its better in all aspects

10. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    I have always used IE. What am I missing? :oops:

11. ISB123

May 21, 2014
    Few years of your life spent waiting for IE to load pages:p.

12. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    Hmm, Six seconds here six seconds there and there is time for a nap. :D
    Guess I'll try Firefox.

absf and tjohnson like this.
  13. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    You forgot Chromium -- the open source version of Chrome -- usually distributed with Linux. My preference.

14. tjohnson

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 23, 2014
    True, but since votes have already been made in the poll, regrettably I can only add new options and am no longer able to edit existing ones. Since it doesn't make much sense to me to add an option after Other, I'll leave it up to Chromium users to choose between voting for Chrome or Other.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    It works for me. :)

16. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    IE sucks after a "security update". 24 seconds to load google. Firefox was much quicker. Edge? haven't tried it yet.

IE is a funny creature. 24 seconds for google and youtube, yet AAC was a reasonable 3-5 seconds. There was a time IE was faster than the newcomers, but not anymore. I haven't compared going to Bing (MS Search) v google. do ya' think there is a delaying subroutine built into the software to get you to change search engines and other sites that compete with google's family of sites?

That is my perception right now ... and I can move to firefox easily because it's already installed or install chrome. I have multiple browsers because of testing web pages to ensure the display. I use chrome on my phone. Firefox and IE on my laptop. Firefox on my tablet.

For S&Gs ... 1 second to bing.com over 20 to yahoo.com over 20 to google.com. Coincidence? My cynical side is showing ...

on edit :

Using firefox, 1 second to bing, 2 seconds to yahoo, and 2 seconds to google.

I don't have chrome on this laptop.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  17. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    I switched and I think I like it. :D

JoeJester and tjohnson like this.
  18. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    You "think" you like it? Has your wife been making your decisions for you for so long that you don't know what you like or dislike? Common, either say, "this is the shit", or "this is shit"

19. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    Hmm, maybe that's why I haven't tried them before. I just can't get that excited over a browser. :D
    It is noticeably faster - but just barely. The little tabs at the top are harder to see. Not anything to S**t over. :eek:

20. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    As the lone Safari user so far, it might be nice to specify the OS when asking about browsers. I believe most Mac users stick to Safari, with Chrome and Firefox not too far behind. Apple stopped developing Safari for Windows platforms quite a while ago, so it's almost invisible on that OS.