Poker table lights

cat3rn

Joined Jun 3, 2008
I too have the same idea for my man cave. It would be cool to have the most exciting poker table in the neighborhood.
I have incorporated into my build slide out cup holders and a flush mounted card shuffler. The table is in my St Louis Rams colors (ok ok not doing to well this year don't hold it against me.) It also has inset areas that holds 80 chips for each player.

I have included a picture that will help those who are graciously giving up their time to help us with this problem, understand what we are trying to do a little better.

The person who controls the main switch (me - the special case lol) would use a momentary switch to bounce the circuit around the table as needed.

Last edited:

cat3rn

Joined Jun 3, 2008
Smack,

I'm not sure if you are still interested in this. I just found this forum in a web search. I have a circuit designed that I think is what you are looking for and I am in the process of testing it. It rotates the blinds and the dealer button and bypasses the people not sitting at the table. If you're interested, let me know.

NC Grimbo
If he is not I sure am!!!

cat3rn

Joined Jun 3, 2008
I don't even know how to hijack a thread. I did the search first and then just posted on the forum that was already going. What did I do wrong?

cat3rn

Joined Jun 3, 2008
So if I have 8 seats available that would mean I have 24 lights to connect. 3 lights are on at any given time. At each seat would be a switch to tell the circuit whether or not someone was seated there. I would control the main switch that would rotate the lights to the next available dealer. (I might have to hit it once or twice depending on how many players were playing.) and the small and big blind would have to rotate to the next available player. Hence the need for the on/off switch at each seat. If I did something wrong please let me know how I did it so it won't happen again. Could you help me and this other guy out in showing us how to build such a circuit?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The other guy is long gone, look at the length of time from his last post. Either he gave it up or figured it out and didn't pass it on. If you read the section I mentioned it has a schematic that shows you how to go a large number using 4017's.

This leads to another question, how experienced are you with electronics? My assumetion is you can modify basic schematics to suite your needs, and build a circuit from a schematic. This isn't always true for all folks, but we gotta start somewhere.

About hijacking. You are not in trouble, there are no demerits involved. When you start a thread it is yours, and yours alone. The mods make sure some one else doesn't come and grab control of your thread. If someone tries to do this it is called hijacking, like hijacking a plane. The mod then splits the hijackers posts off and refers back to the previous topic.

This thread is yours. When you see a thread you want to build on the correct way is to start a new thread, and then link back to the thread you want to build on to clear up assumetions. If someone else tries to do something similar to this thread they will have the same thing happen.

Part of the reason is ownership, and part is to keep focus on you and your problem/project. If you need to go sideways to clear something up you can do it, and not confuse the issue with someone elses problems.