Pocotatatdo

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
We are thinking, maybe someone will benefit from it.You have to have names
for your projects.That a part of today game. You going to let the big guys win
all the battles for words and symbols.We are a force of sixty thousand members
and growing.Some of our great writer's should be giving some direction instead
of battling Loosewire on a positive cause.There's a statue of some one thinking.
What statue do you repersent. I built a statue made of stone,with a bronze plate.
I like stone. Stone last forever.

Last edited:

Mark44

Joined Nov 26, 2007
We are thinking, maybe someone will benefit from it.You have to have names
for your projects.That a part of today game.
Loosewire, with all due respect, to have a name and no project seems silly to me, and represents the triumph of form over function. If you have a word that represents a new concept or thing, that's fine, but to just come up with a word in a vacuum seems, well, foolish to me. One example of a stupid word that irked me when the marketing "weasels" came up with it was "Infiniti," the car company that added a useless word to our vocabulary. It was no doubt coined to be suggestive of infinity, an actual word with a well known meaning.
You going to let the big guys win
all the battles for words and symbols.We are a force of sixty thousand members
and growing.Some of our great writer's should be giving some direction instead
of battling Loosewire on a positive cause.There's a statue of some one thinging.
Do you mean Rodin's Thinker?
What statue do you repersent. I built a statue made of stone,with a bronze plate.
As far as I can tell, all you built was the plate with a nonsensical name etched on it -- no statue. Regarding Rodin's Thinker, a bronze plate would almost be redundant. It's abundantly evident to the most casual observer that the statue represents a man engaged in thought. IMO it's better to create the statue first, and then make the plate for it, not the other way around.
I like stone. Stone last forever.
Geologists would disagree. There are countless mountain ranges that have come and gone over the 4.5 billion years of earth's histor. The Appalachians were once a high mountain range, and are now worn down to mere stumps of their former selves. The Gulf of Mexico is filled with the ground-down remains of ranges that existed before the Rockies started their climb to the skies. True, in relation to our four score and ten, stone seems ageless, but it is ephemeral in longer time scales.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I came up with p word to show quick thinking after a responce. My q word has
serious Intentions. I am happy to see our great writers give opinions.