PNP equivalent for 2n2222?

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
I like the 2n3904 and the 2n3906 but the 2N2907 works with the 2n2222
but for most stuff the 2n3904 and 2n3906 match better

xainnasir

Joined Nov 8, 2012
It depends on the application as well, they have some differences in their operations so I would suggest you to read their datasheets first.

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
What is the PNP equivalent of the NPN 2222 transistor? I just want a general purpose PNP transistor.
People seem to get hung-up on replacing transistor with what they have been informed is a compatible replacement.

Back in the day when hi-fi amplifiers used discrete components in their construction – I was often called upon to repair friends/acquaintances amplifiers that had ceased working.
All I had in my selection of available transistors was six variants (low, medium and high power – one of each flavour, PNP & NPN).

Consulting my copy of Towers Transistor Selector to ensure that the voltage (C-E) was adequate and the pin out arrangement was all I needed.

Even today, I have plastic box with separate compartments to store transistors, each compartment is labelled with the transistor number, NPN/PNP, pin out, max C-E voltage, max collector current and power dissipation. So unless there is some special requirement, such as high gain or high frequency, for 99% of the circuits I build or repair this is all I need to know.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
This thread began in April 2009. I sincerely hope the original poster, who had a single post, has found a compliment to the 2N2222 by now. :) While I agree the 2N2907 is a close complimentary fit one should review the data sheets to make sure, in their application, the selected compliment will work, as others have mentioned. Now if we wait till April of 2019 we will have a 10 year old thread.

Ron