plz PROGRAMMERS

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by MAZAR SCIENTIST, Jul 7, 2008.

1. MAZAR SCIENTIST

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2008
    I Will Take A Course Today About The C Programming So Plz
    Wat's The Best One Plz
    C# Or C++
    Thx So Much

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    How do you define best? I think C++ is more popular, but does that make it better?

Dave

3. MAZAR SCIENTIST

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2008
    donot know my friend
    but i will work on building robots some friends told me to learn c# as it cud do programming of monmonics

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Do you mean mnemonics?

Dave

5. MAZAR SCIENTIST

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2008
    yes sry as i wrote it wrong
    but plz tell me an specific answer dave

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Sorry, but I programme in neither C# or C++, so my advice would not be sound.

My only suggestion would be have a look at a general comparative search of C++ and C# and see which appears to meet your requirements better.

I tend to know more people who programme in C++ than C#, however that doesn't mean it is better. I can't say more than that.

Dave

7. MAZAR SCIENTIST

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2008
    tx so much dave
    i hope i cud learn from u

8. CVMichael

Aug 3, 2007
    Well, if you want to learn programming in general, you should learn C#... but you want to learn programming for making robots, that's a diferent story....

For making robots you need to program microcontrollers, and that is done in assembly, C, basic.

But if you want to interface the robot with a computer, then you can do your programming in C# (or others like C/C++, Visual Basic 6, or VB.NET, etc.)

Also, C# is a .NET language, and you need the CLR (Common Language Runtime) same as VB.NET, though I don't know for sure, but I really don't think that you can use that to program microcontrollers.

So... in short, I think it is best to learn C/C++ because you can program microcontrollers AND in windows/linux/mac (whatever you are using).

C/C++ is the most popular programming language of all...

And on top of that C++ syntax is simmilar to C#, so if later on you decide to learn C#, it will be easy...

9. MAZAR SCIENTIST

Thread Starter Member

May 8, 2008
    thx so much cvmichael

10. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I don't know C in any dialect, but I would definately consider availability. What do you have access to?

11. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  12. Mark44

Nov 26, 2007
    Yes, C# is a .NET language that requires the CLR. You could use C# to develop a user interface, but to write code that runs on a microcontroller, you'll need C or C++ or whatever assembly language is relevant to the microcontroller.
    Mark