plz need help on 12v battery float charger

saichand1985

Joined Mar 23, 2010
hi frnzs i'm new to this forum. can any one help me on this.

i want to design a backup circuit for a 12v, 5A, 45w halogen bulb. currently it is working on mains by connecting to a 12v stepdown transformer. near my home there's a frequent power cut. so i want a backup circuit for that light whn mains fail. and when mains come back automatically the light should use the mains supply and simultaneously the battery should be charge. and once it is fully charge should stop charging.

plz can any one help me on this.

saichand1985

Joined Mar 23, 2010
sgtwookie, i just gone through the pdf which u've sent. but it is very complex. im just looking fr a simple one with out any computer interface

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
did you ever trying googling for a proper schema of ur choice.
Googling can give you enuf diagrams to go through, find one first and discuss it.
We cannot give you what you ask for if you are not willing to try to find it, we only share knowledge, the rest is up to you

Bychon

Joined Mar 12, 2010
I also hate using microcomputers when a dozen discrete components will do the job, but you haven't presented a float charger for us to comment on. Do your homework. Find something to start with. Give us a clue about what you have to work with, otherwise, you'll get answers like, "Go to Western Auto or Sears and buy a float charger".

I don't design things I can buy retail, because the stuff you can buy is cheaper than the parts it takes to build them! and faster, too. If you have nothing to start with, go buy a float charger. Otherwise, give us something to start with.