PLZ HELP ME...its really Urgent

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by shalienkaushik_06, Sep 22, 2009.

1. shalienkaushik_06

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 22, 2009
    hiiii
    I really want anyone's help.Actually i want to do programming on pic16f887 microcontroller . I m working on MPLAB ICD2 with Hi-Tech compiler . I want to type some string on LCD.For eg:i want to type hello world on 2nd line of lcd,its (2X16)dot matrix .plz tell me hw to start.if anybody give me source code,i'll be very thankful to him.

plz reply me as asap.

2. AlexR

Jan 16, 2008
    The bad news is that Hi-Tech C does not have any LCD library functions so you will need to either write your own or adapt someone else's software.

Get and read the HD44780 data sheet, google is your best bet. Pay particular attention to the LCD initialisation sequence and the time delays that must occur between steps in the initialisation. Once you understand how the H44780 LCD controller works writing software to drive it becomes a trivial programming exercise.

The good news (if all this seems too hard) is that Hi-Tech does provide sample LCD code. Open your file browser and go to the Hi-Tech directory in your program files. Drill down to \samples\LCDemo. Here you will find sample source code for driving an LCD display.