pls help me now! it's an assignment to be passed soon!!

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by popiscott04, Mar 25, 2008.

1. popiscott04

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    I am in need of the internal circuit of microprocessor and its functioning. i'm also new to the site coz i just registered so i am like sceptical with how things are done here but will surely figure myself out. if u can just help me out with my research then i'll be very grateful.

2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Do you have a processor in mind?

Dave

3. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Except for high level block diagrams I think you will find that kind of stuff hard to come by. There is one possibility I can think of and that is the folks who make FPGAs often have processor cores that can be implemented in their products. I don't know how much detail you can extract from such cores or how much you will have to pay but it might be worh a shot.

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    I was thinking the best information you might obtain is a processor pipeline arrangement showing ALU, memory, reg-file, bus, etc, structure. The core-IP will be closely guarded mes thinks.

Dave

5. popiscott04

Mar 25, 2008
    yeah Mr dave! i beleive the pipeline arrangement is what i'm looking for and its functionng. can u help me with it if it is at ur disosal now plss!!

6. popiscott04

Mar 25, 2008
    papabravo! i think u can also help me with the high level block diagram u r talking of. i don't actually know of any!!

7. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    If its a simple description then Wiki is your best bet; try the MIPS processor which is both complete and relatively simple to review. There is a pipeline diagram and explanation in there.

If you read the Wiki article feel free to post back with specific questions about anything you don't understand.

Dave

8. popiscott04

Mar 25, 2008
    thx Dave! i'l try dat out!