pls help me.... i need a suggestions on what project can i make on my microcontroller

franz kim

Joined Feb 18, 2010
hi!! good day!!!! do you have any suggestions on what project can i make on my microcontroller pic 16f84a.. im open to any suggestions....
thank you....

Franz Kim

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
If your just starting out I would try to make some chasing lights like on a christmas tree or a movie markee. Thats a pretty easy simple project.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Use one port to input a value (use push button/s with pull ups).

Invert the value.

Output the new value through another port which will drive some LEDs to visualize what you got.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Knightrider lights!
RC servos are easy to control if you have any.
Small motor speed control is pretty easy with an extra transistor and a protection diode.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Let's admit that your second suggestion is far from simple :eek:

Actually it is not more complicated than the first one..... the only difference is a motor spins the propeller clock to display messages and the time, for the hand held it does the same thing except with "arm" power ;).... the coding is the same for both on how they display the messages, and the circuitry is practically the same also, the Hand Held uses a pedometer switch to start the display, and the propeller clock uses an IR LED/phototransistor pair...

see the description here >>>> http://www.morse-code.com/id44.htm

@ the top of the page there are links to other LED based projects....

My .02

cmc15

Joined Feb 26, 2010
we were asked instead of the line follower to make a dancing mobot. :D yet I have no idea where to start.. any ideas that would help would be fully appreciated. :D thankssss!

campeck

Joined Sep 5, 2009
Actually it is not more complicated than the first one..... the only difference is a motor spins the propeller clock to display messages and the time, for the hand held it does the same thing except with "arm" power ;).... the coding is the same for both on how they display the messages, and the circuitry is practically the same also, the Hand Held uses a pedometer switch to start the display, and the propeller clock uses an IR LED/phototransistor pair...

see the description here >>>> http://www.morse-code.com/id44.htm

@ the top of the page there are links to other LED based projects....

My .02
Wouldn't the second one need some type of code routine to address the fact that the outside LEDs are spinning faster than the inner ones and Don't need to be on as long as the inner ones?