Please recommend me a soldering iron with replaceable tip from Ebay

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Use your Google-Foo grasshopper

Search results found by you will be easier for you to discriminate between. You don't need us as a middle man.

Make some choices and then come back and see if anyone here has any opinion on those choices.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
If you are serious about electronics get a soldering station. Its hard to find replaceable tips for soldering sticks.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I'm still using an old Weller stick with a 35 watt heater. Three parts: The cord and handle, the heater, and the tip.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I have one of these and like it a lot. Found a similar (identical?) one on Amazon for a Christmas present.

I won't pretend it's a great unit, but it is nice for the price. Lot's of favorable reviews. I chose it for the replaceable tips because I was tired of throwing out cheapo irons that were cheaper than a replacement tip. Ironically, this station lets tips last a much longer time if you set the temperature right.

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
If i want to use station my is YaXun 881D.

Have found anything in Ebay for tips - 0 listings

I can find it in my country but the money are always important. The price here will be x2 x3. And if i want to buy 2 3 maybe 4 that will be ugly.

If they can find it and purchase it from other country i think i can too(with your help maybe)

I bought a soldering station and it didn't last very long.
They replaced it for me and that one failed as well.
So I bought a cheap Maplin soldering and had it for many years now.
The tips last a very long time.

UnnamedUser159

Joined May 3, 2016
Hi there. it`s me again. I maybe haven`t read all the answers but want to form the question by new way.

SO...
i use iron for computer stuff like power supply, motherboards, monitors and on...
Sometimes i use the iron on different type devices,but maybe that doesn`t have a priority.

What`s the real plus of the station and controlling the temperature? I have station for my birthday but i am very dissapointed.

Isn`t an option to use basic soldering iron put in the wall and that`s that?
How many watts to look for?

I want something middle class - no something very cheap and failable but still dont have money for very expensive soldering equipment

My wish is to find soldering iron (just tell me how many watts to seek) with replaceable tip and to make a purchase for 2-3 tips to know that i have backup. And when they are over to be able to buy new.

edit!

hi i have already decided, but have a questions:

EU Digital LCD Adjustable Electric soldering iron or 936 Soldering station Welding iron

but cant understand is it 30w or 60w?!

Isn`t 60w very high ?

Last edited: