Joined Apr 2, 2009
Rasha.
U need to define the output
Is it multisim you are using?

Next try to print the file to PDF and attach it to ur post

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It would be nicer to have the PDF uploaded to the forum.
This way it will be preserved for later viewers.

Attachments and Images

How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.
How do I add an image to a post?
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

Bertus

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I copied it and cropped it but I could not remove all the Multisim chicken-pox dots. Then I converted it to a normal PNG file type and attached it here instead of at some other website.

It seems to be a video amplifier using the very old 2N2219 transistors.
The values of its base bias resistors are much too high. The values of its collector and emitter resistors are very low so that its high frequency response is good.

Attachments

Rasha_Muslima

Joined Apr 23, 2010
I copied it and cropped it but I could not remove all the Multisim chicken-pox dots. Then I converted it to a normal PNG file type and attached it here instead of at some other website.

It seems to be a video amplifier using the very old 2N2219 transistors.
The values of its base bias resistors are much too high. The values of its collector and emitter resistors are very low so that its high frequency response is good.
do you think it is correct?

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
do you think it is correct?
No, it is wrong.
Didn't you read what I said about it? "The values of its base bias resistors are much too high."

Why does it use very old video transistors?
Why are the values of its collector and emitter resistors very low?
Why are the values of its base bias resistors much too high?
Did you learn about how to bias a transistor?

Didn't you simulate the circuit?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
As you have drawn the schematics. You should be able to simulate it. A simulation will tell you if it work or not. We can not do this for you. But I know many members use the same software as you do. And are free to ask questions regarding how to simulate in this forum

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
A simulation will test only "typical" transistors.
But since the values of the base bias resistors are much too high then the transistor currents will change with the wide range of current gain from individual transistors. Then the circuit might not work. The transistors are almost cutoff anyway.

The values of the base bias resistors should be corrected.

Rasha_Muslima

Joined Apr 23, 2010
brothers i simulat it by oscilloscope but no asuitable signal appear i did that at the midnight yesterday i really was tired . so i will build anther design :( , really i have alot of homeworks . i try to design QMS system that uses in bank for castumer by using MPLAB program . it take all my time .

thanks alot i try agian ...

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
The voltage gain is only 12. It that enough?
The output level is very low and since the biasing of the transistors is not correct then the circuit might clip asymetrically with a higher signal level.
Q3 is doing nothing in the circuit and can be removed.

Rasha_Muslima

Joined Apr 23, 2010
The voltage gain is only 12. It that enough?
The output level is very low and since the biasing of the transistors is not correct then the circuit might clip asymetrically with a higher signal level.
Q3 is doing nothing in the circuit and can be removed.
no voltage gain is 37.5

Av=((1.5*500m)/(4*5m))=37.5

stage 3 is the common collecter i use it to reduce the gain from 60 voltage gain to have 40 voltage gain :)

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I still think your gain calculation is somewhat off. Because the gain is Vout/Vin or in this case Ch_A/Ch_B So if you at time equal to 409.593 ms have 411.308 mV at Ch_A and 9.192 mV at CH_B your gain will be 44.7. At least according to the simulations. Perhaps the gain value in a real circuit will be somewhere between your I guess calculated 37.5 and the simulated 44.7

Last edited:

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
We are all wrong.
the 'scope trace shows 500mV per division and 4 divisions p-p for the output. Its input is 5mV per division and shows 1.5 divisions.
Then the gain is 200/7.5= 26.7 times.

Transistor Q3 is supposed to be a buffer with no voltage loss, not an attenuator.

Transistor Q2 has an extremely high collector to emitter current (why?) but the current in the R5/R6 divider for its base current is too low.