Please need help for sine wave inverter.

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Muzamil Farid, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Muzamil Farid

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 24, 2015
    I am working on sine wave inverter and i really need serious help,It will be heavily appreciated, I am controlling H-bridge(High side P channel,Low side N-channel) via SPWM signals and 50HZ Square Pulses.The first leg controlled by SPWM and other leg controlled by 50HZ square waves, I am confused about the functioning of P-channel Mosfets, How are they conducting?.What is the criteria of conduction? The source of high side p mosfets is 12V dc to be converted to 220V,50Hz sine wave,My confusion is that output distorted Sine wave will have a peak of 12V?. After implementing on proteus I am getting 0v between two outputs of H-bridge.

2. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    So am i confused, your using square waves making a sine wave, lets have a circuit diagram please....

alzoobery2001 likes this.
  3. Muzamil Farid

Nov 24, 2015
    Thanks for the reply, Actually i surveyed on the internet and found the designs using 50HZ Sqaure waves on the right leg of bridge, I am obtaining Sine waves from SPWM control signals,The only explanation i could find of using 50HZ Sqaure wave was that it controls polarity and PWM signal controls amplitude of output wave,I

• cct.png
      cct.png
      File size:
      186.2 KB
      Views:
  4. alfacliff

Dec 13, 2013
    yes the output will be 12 volt square aves. a transformer is used to step up the voltage to the out put you want.

5. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Is L1 a transformer?, if so the secondary winding is not drawn, that will step up the voltage to 220V ac, or whatever its designed to give out, dont see the point of C1 .

6. Muzamil Farid

Nov 24, 2015
    L1 is the inductor used with C1 as low pass filter to remove unwabted harmonics from output

7. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    L1 is in the wrong place, it should be in series with the positive supply.

8. Muzamil Farid

Nov 24, 2015
    I dont understand where in series, from positive supply to capacitor and then measure output at node of capacitor?