Please help !

juhi1107

Joined Oct 11, 2011
HI

I am doing a project on dual axis solar tracker using PIC microcontroller ,ULN 2003 and 2 stepper motors

and someone please post a circuit ?? and also as to how to proceed !?
I have no idea about electronics !!!!!!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
HI
I am doing a project on dual axis solar tracker using PIC microcontroller ,ULN 2003 and 2 stepper motors and someone please post a circuit ?? and also as to how to proceed !? I have no idea about electronics !!!!!!
Sounds to me like this is a school project. And you do not know how to start. You are not the first nor the last person with such a request. First of all we will not just hand over a turn key ready solution. But we will be more than happy to discuss specific problems with you. Just remember good questions draw good answers. As a start divide your problems into several more or less isolated problems. And select which PIC you will use. Then select if you will be using assembler or C/BASIC.

juhi1107

Joined Oct 11, 2011
PIC16F877A is what I am going to use
the first stage is designing the circuit. I am thinking of using MikroC . I need direction on how to start . Please help me with the circuit diagram . ASAP

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

From the FAQ:

Attachments and Images

How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.
How do I add an image to a post?
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.
Bertus

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
In the link I gave in post #2, there might be a schematic you can use for one of the steppers. You need one for each steppermotor. Or maybe one ULN 2804A for both the steppers...?

juhi1107

Joined Oct 11, 2011
No I Plan to use two ULN2003 for 2 stepper motors.
Thanx for the link.
I do have a rough idea of how to use one ULN in the circuit but please help me with using 2.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Could you use two of the schematics from the link in post #2?

Perhaps side-by-side. Sharing the same powersupply. Connecting PIN 3 and 4 from one ULN2003 the PIC's RC0 and RC1. And from the other ULN2003 to the PICs RC2 and RC3...

You even might need some transistors and resistors in between...

Just thinking loud...

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
juhi1107,
A few tips you should know about forums:
1. A title like "Please help!" is not very helpful. Learn to post a proper descriptive title.
2. If you ask for a circuit diagram, you will not get one. Post one yourself first.
3. If you want it ASAP, that means As Slow As I Please, i.e. in good time buddy, or do it yourself.

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Seems kind of familiar:

dual axis solar tracker project help prem25 The Projects Forum 4 03-29-2011 08:08 PM
dual axis solar tracker (mppt) himanshu1990 The Projects Forum 11 08-31-2010 11:32 AM
Help with solar tracker electronicsnewbie The Projects Forum 7 01-18-2010 02:48 PM
need HELP on dual axis solar tracker kevinng The Projects Forum 07-18-2011, 03:56 PM

And there are quite a few more. What's up with all this stuff? Hasn't anyone built it yet?

juhi1107

Joined Oct 11, 2011
@nerdegutta - Thank you for that link - I had already read that. It was useful.
I have made a circuit but I just need to know whether another stepper motor can be connected to it using another ULN and if it can be please help with the circuit.
@Mrchips - Thank you for your insights. I am posting the circuit. :)
@John P - I wonder :p
@tgotwalt - I have started building it with other circuit components so no scope of copying - :O

tgotwalt1158

Joined Feb 28, 2011
@nerdegutta - Thank you for that link - I had already read that. It was useful.
I have made a circuit but I just need to know whether another stepper motor can be connected to it using another ULN and if it can be please help with the circuit.
@Mrchips - Thank you for your insights. I am posting the circuit. :)
@John P - I wonder :p
@tgotwalt - I have started building it with other circuit components so no scope of copying - :O
Ok then, but you will have to use ULN2803. I have sketched the diagram with the help of Win-Paint since I do not have other software. See the attached file. By the way, by copying, I meant copying the concept not the diagram!

Attachments

Last edited:

juhi1107

Joined Oct 11, 2011
Thank you tgot for your time :)
why do you prefer ULN2804 ? and I wanted you to show me the connections of the two ULN with the PIC because I know the connections OF the two ULN2003 with the motors.

juhi1107

Joined Oct 11, 2011
also pleasse tell me how to program my PIC ? which is the best compiler in terms of taking the minimum time to learn ?

tgotwalt1158

Joined Feb 28, 2011
Thank you tgot for your time :)
why do you prefer ULN2804 ? and I wanted you to show me the connections of the two ULN with the PIC because I know the connections OF the two ULN2003 with the motors.
Never mind, it was a breeze to me to draw the diagram in paint. As far as the selection of ULN2803 is concerned, just I liked this way. In your post 10 and 15 you requested the same i.e. how to connect two stepper motors with two ULN's, and now you got that. Any port with digital I/O supporting TTL buffer type, e.g. RD0~RD7 but you will have to configure those pins.

Last edited: