PLEASE HELP WITH WIRING limit switches and relays

Status
Not open for further replies.

123cooper

Joined Dec 24, 2014
I have a 1998 Trans Am that has power windows. The problem is the doors are fiber glass and the motors create a lot of force on the doors creating problems. What I want to do is put a limit switch at the top and bottom of the window travel. I'm using the factory switch that sends +12 volts in the up or down direction. I have a (two wire dc motor), limit switches and dpdt relays. I need to know how to wire it all together. Thank you for your help
This is a picture of what I have going on, is it possible to make this work or is there an easier way. Please draw in any missing items if needed, I am open to anything. PS I need pictures or drawings I am not a circuit master lol.DSC01521.JPG

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The owners of All About Circuits have elected not to allow discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6.Restricted topics.The following topics are regularly raised, are considered “off-topic” at all times and will result in your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
• Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
• LEDs to mains
• Phone jammers
• Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
• Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Here is a site that may provide you with some assistance: Electro Tech Online

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.