Please Help with the ADC0804

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by novamax, Mar 15, 2010.

1. novamax

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Hello everyone
    I am trying to use the ADC0804 for converting the Analog from a speed sensor to Digital. Are all the pins needed to be connected? how to interface the sensor output with the ADC0804.

I am using the ADC0804 because i would like to find the frequency of the speed sensor, the ADC0804 would be interfaced with a microcontroller Arduino ATmega168. I am going to find the freqency of the speed sensor via the microcontroller, hence i can know the wheel speed.

If someone could help me, i very appreciate it. Please help, it is the final project, and i couldn't find a way to solve this...

Thanks a lot.

2. lightingman

Apr 19, 2007
    Hi,

Speed sensors normaly give a series of output pulses that change frequency with speed. I am not sure why you need the ADC0804. You should be able to set up an input on the MCU to time the intervals between pulses. Once this is done you can get the MCU to do a bit of maths and give you the result.

Daniel.

3. novamax

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 11, 2010
    HI
    So you are saying it that it just need to connect the sensor output to the MCU ?
    and program it to find out the frequency and speed?

4. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    That is correct. Look up some frequency counting code. You should be able to implement it rather easily.