Please Help Me!

Discussion in 'Math' started by zachary_za, Sep 3, 2007.

1. zachary_za

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Hello friends,
    I am studying in 10th class. Actually I have a question and I’m unable to solve this question. My question is: How can we find the square root of a number by hand? How about cube roots? If anybody can solve my question I will grateful. Thanks in advance!

2. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    There are a number of numerical anaylsis techniques available for determining the Nth root of a number.

The one that comes immediately to mind is the Newton-Raphson Method. It entails a knowledge of calculus specifically derivatives.

hgmjr

3. recca02

Apr 2, 2007
  4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    A wonderfully tedious but successful method is simple long division, where to divisor is squared before being subtracted from the dividend.

5. alexander

Sep 3, 2007
    Hi zachary_za,
    I’m studying in 12th class. I can solve you question easily but I don’t have time for that so I would recommend you for a place called mindzinger where you can get any solution any time and regularly. I got it when was in 10th class. I used mindzinger and I got distinction in mathematics. It’s really nice place for getting solutions for all categories. Hope this will help you.
    Good luck!

6. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Once upon a time I learned the manual method for extracting square roots. Rest assured that you can discover it if you search long enough and hard enough. I cannot remember it well enough to describe it since very soon after I learned it I graduated to using a slide rule.

I remember a poor friend of mine who couldn't afford the $29.95 for Eugene Dietzen Log-Log Duplex Deci-Trig and committrd to memory the table of four place logarithms. He could do square roots in the twinkling of an eye. It's just the anti-log of half the log of the number of interest.