Please Help me: Flight Case stereo NX-211 broken and smoking

Arbid Hossain

Joined Aug 28, 2015
I found a Flight case sterio n x 211 from 1999(Spirit of saint louis).I turned it on and found out the music system was pretty awesome but 30mins later it stopped with some bursting sound.I noticed some smoke coming out of the stereo.then I put the plug out and noticed that the adapter was burnt tooo.but I tried again it played again but this time the speakers sounded like it got torn.a few seconds later it stopped and now its is dead.pls help me up!! how do i Fix it

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
[snip] but I tried again it played again but this time the speakers sounded like it got torn.a few seconds later it stopped and now its is dead.pls help me up!! how do i Fix it
Usually someone in your situation would open up the stereo, look for the source of the smoke, and determine what caused the problem before trying to use it further or throwing money at parts.

You should probably take it to someone who knows what they're doing.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Usually someone in your situation would open up the stereo, look for the source of the smoke, and determine what caused the problem before trying to use it further or throwing money at parts.

You should probably take it to someone who knows what they're doing.
Maybe he can push the smoke back in.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
I found a Flight case sterio n x 211 from 1999(Spirit of saint louis).I turned it on and found out the music system was pretty awesome but 30mins later it stopped with some bursting sound.I noticed some smoke coming out of the stereo.then I put the plug out and noticed that the adapter was burnt tooo.but I tried again it played again but this time the speakers sounded like it got torn.a few seconds later it stopped and now its is dead.pls help me up!! how do i Fix it
Something was most likely passing more current than it could handle and made for.

Why, who and where can better be boxed in on by viewing a picture of the board in question. It could be something simple but it could mean that buying a new piece would be less costly.