Please Help mini project

full

Joined May 3, 2014
hello
I have project in digital ,I should use altera but first I want draw circuit :
my project for Elevator is a system up and down. The input sends a signal and the output display the number and light of led. Next how an elevator working and used. In general, elevator is an alternative way to up and down compare to stair. Moreover, elevator is needed and used in bungalow and houses.

On top of that, in this mini project it will be more focus on an elevator where we more focus for people to know which floor the elevator are. Why we choose an elevator in this mini project. This is because elevator is an important and very useful for people who want save their energy, time and so on. Stairs can give free exercise for people but sometime time is more important when they are in a hurry. So, elevator is a way to solve their problem.

Besides that, elevator just use the simple system but give more advantage for users.

my idea:
For our project, the elevator in figure (full.png ) is in a building of 3 floors (floor 0 to floor 3). Initially, the elevator is at floor 0 (only the bottom green LED is ON and the 7-segment Displays ‘0’) and no buttons are pushed (all red LEDs are OFF).

For the implementation in the DE2-70 board, the LED are represented by the LEDR [0], LEDR [1], LEDR [2] and LEDR [3]. This LED represented the state of floor LED [0] for ground floor, LEDR [1] for the first floor, LEDR [1] for the second floor and LEDR [3] for the third floor. Then for the 7-segment display used to display the state of floor [0] for ground floor, [1] for first floor, [2] for second floor, [3] for the third floor.

full2.PNG

I can use D flip-flop in elevator, is mean same my idea?

same this truth tube:full3.PNG

if not same my idea in this project please help my how I can do circuit ? what I can use?

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
what is difference between D flip-flop and JK flip-flop if I want use in my project?
The excitation logic. You can use either (or you could also use a T flip-flop, but those aren't very common). The JK gives you the most flexibility which can allow you to minimize the number of external components. The D is generally the simpler to deal with conceptually for most people.

full

Joined May 3, 2014
The excitation logic. You can use either (or you could also use a T flip-flop, but those aren't very common). The JK gives you the most flexibility which can allow you to minimize the number of external components. The D is generally the simpler to deal with conceptually for most people.
thanks sir , is mean I can use D flip-flop in this my project?

MrCarlos

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Hello full
Yes, of course, you can use Flip-Flip's Type D for your project.
But. . . Why that question ??. . . Are You afraid for something ??
In Your Original message you say you will use an Altera device.
This would be used for what ??.

full

Joined May 3, 2014
Hello full
Yes, of course, you can use Flip-Flip's Type D for your project.
But. . . Why that question ??. . . Are You afraid for something ??
In Your Original message you say you will use an Altera device.
This would be used for what ??.
I use 3 bit D flip-flop counter :
my truth tube :
full3.PNG
and the K-map is :
D2= Q2 Q1 X + Q2 X' Q0' +Q1' Q2 Q0 + X' Q0 Q1 Q2' + X Q2' Q1' Q0'
D1= (Q1 + X + Q0) exclusive OR
D0= Q0'

first I design in logisim after work the circuit I will design in Quartus
upload_2014-11-16_11-55-41.png

how I can complete the circuit?
how I can complement with 7 segment?

thanks

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The first thing you can do is make sure that you don't have unconnected inputs to logic gates!

I can't figure out what you are trying to do in your project.

What, exactly, are your inputs?

What, exactly, is the required behavior of the elevator in response to those inputs?

What, exactly, are your outputs?

full

Joined May 3, 2014
The first thing you can do is make sure that you don't have unconnected inputs to logic gates!

I can't figure out what you are trying to do in your project.

What, exactly, is the required behavior of the elevator in response to those inputs?

there are 4 bit :
first : ground
second : level1
third :level 2
fourth :level 3

same the elevator in the world
is mean there are 4 pents in inside the elevator first ground second level1 third level 2 fourth level 3 , if I in ground I want go to third elevator I Press on level third and if I in level 2 I want go to ground press on ground ,normal elevator.

I think 2 output

and many thought and I got this idea ,please see my draft:
full4.jpg

thanks sir

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
there are 4 bit :
first : ground
second : level1
third :level 2
fourth :level 3

same the elevator in the world
is mean there are 4 pents in inside the elevator first ground second level1 third level 2 fourth level 3 , if I in ground I want go to third elevator I Press on level third and if I in level 2 I want go to ground press on ground ,normal elevator.

I think 2 output

and many thought and I got this idea ,please see my draft:
View attachment 75754

thanks sir
I don't know what a 'pent' is. I'm assuming that that is a push button.

I highly doubt that the behavior you are expected to implement is the same as for an elevator in the real world. If so, then let's say that the elevator has just stopped at Floor 2 and two people get on. One person pushes the button for Floor 1 and one person pushed the button for Floor 3. Where does the elevator go?

full

Joined May 3, 2014
I don't know what a 'pent' is. I'm assuming that that is a push button.

I highly doubt that the behavior you are expected to implement is the same as for an elevator in the real world. If so, then let's say that the elevator has just stopped at Floor 2 and two people get on. One person pushes the button for Floor 1 and one person pushed the button for Floor 3. Where does the elevator go?
I sorry for my wrong
first go to floor 1 and second go to floor 3
Schematic true?

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I sorry for my wrong
first go to floor 1 and second go to floor 3
Schematic true?
So, let's say that you got on an elevator as the only person aboard on the ground floor and wanted to go to Floor 3. Then on Floor 2 the elevator stops and two people get on and one pushes Floor 1 and the other pushes Floor 3 (even though it is already lit because you pushed it). Would YOU be happy if the elevator then went back down to Floor 1? What if, after going to Floor 1 and dropping that person off, someone else got on at Floor 2 and pushed Floor 1. Should the elevator go back to Floor 1 again? See the problem?

full

Joined May 3, 2014
So, let's say that you got on an elevator as the only person aboard on the ground floor and wanted to go to Floor 3. Then on Floor 2 the elevator stops and two people get on and one pushes Floor 1 and the other pushes Floor 3 (even though it is already lit because you pushed it). Would YOU be happy if the elevator then went back down to Floor 1? What if, after going to Floor 1 and dropping that person off, someone else got on at Floor 2 and pushed Floor 1. Should the elevator go back to Floor 1 again? See the problem?
You held my project:confused:

full

Joined May 3, 2014
this is my mini project not project or final project !!
please help me what i will do?!
thanks

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Who defined this project? You or your instructor?

A three- or four-story elevator project is an extremely common project for a programmable logic course (and sometimes a discrete logic course) and the behaviors are almost always highly simplified with quite unrealistic assumptions as to the type of traffic using the elevator. But you can't solve ANY problem until you have a clear understanding OF the problem, which you have not yet demonstrated.

You need to think through all of the possibilities that you can (I gave you several) and develop a clear and consistent set of rules that govern the behavior of the system.

full

Joined May 3, 2014
The first scheme ,there are ground and 3 floors

I use Moore model in digital elevator

this is basic elevator not large elevator !

please see my scheme

Attachments

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You still haven't given any notion of a set of design specifications. How can we possibly tell you if your design meets spec if you won't tell us the specs it is supposed to meet?

Look at your "test (1).png" image. What is that supposed to be? You have four states with a bunch of unlabeled lines going back and forth between them and a set of undefined signals that result in each state staying where it is. What is anyone supposed to make of that? If someone gave that to YOU and told you to implement it, what would be your reaction?