PLEASE HELP I'M IN A FIX

chirchir

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Hallo guys I am desperately in need of someone to assist me with suggestions on how I would be able to use an optocoupler to drive a 12volt solenoid valve. I am doing a senior project on an automatic water sprinkler and would want the project to cause the solenoid valve to be turned on when the sensor senses that the soil is too dry and turns it off when the sensor in the soil senses that the soil is already wet.
Please someone assist for I am in a fix and my project is supposed to be working by the beginning of March.
Your assistance will be highly appreciated guys.
Chirchir
A student at U.E.A.B Kenya.

chirchir

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Sorry guys I am not upto any mischief by not revealing my time zone. It was but an oversight.
However, the project that I'm doing was got from the idea in the following url www.kingsolder.com
thus I decided to take the output so that instead of the output going to the meter indicated in the circuit, it goes to a circuit that drives the solenoid valve causing the water sprinkler to turn on when the soil is dry and turn off when the garden is fully irrigated.
My choice of an optocoupler was to ensure the 12 volt solenoid is driven even with a small voltage that comes from the output of the sensor circuitry.
Anyway I am ready for your suggestions on how I still can achieve the results required for the project .
Chirchir

chirchir

Joined Feb 17, 2009
I have looked at the above thread but I still can't figure out what to do with my project. Please assist further thanks.
Chirchir

chirchir

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Thanks pal but even with the site you directed me to I still can't figure out how to interface the circuit to do the switching on and off of the sprinkler automatically. Your input on the same will still be welcome and appreciated.
Pal you do not know how much stressed I am in that I have tried all that I knew, even asked from friends and even tried with my supervisor but nothing has worked out. Please bear in mind that this is the determinant to my completion of the degree course.
Do please come to my rescue sir.
chirchir
A Student at U.E.A.B Kenya.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Can you show us what you have upto now ?
We will not give complete solutions, only hints.
When we give complete solutions you still have not learned anything.

Greetings,
Bertus

chirchir

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Thanks pal I will be showing you what I have upto now. But do pardon me for the problem with the internet connectivity here. It will take a while before an image is uploaded.
chirchir
A student at U.E.A.B Kenya