Please help identifying this capacitor

khanmohammad123

Joined Dec 4, 2009
Greetings every one,

Please help me in identifying the capacitor and its value,

It comes from my laptop Mobo.

It looks like electrolytic one,

it says on its top

25 A(this A looks like A but its different)

The image looks like this

Please help me.

Its like almost 7mm in thickness and 6 ~ 8 mm in height

Attachments

TheBellows

Joined Jan 18, 2009
I guess it's a 10pF (100) polystyrene capacitor, but i don't know what the 75 and 25 A stands for.
75 could be the voltage rating perhaps?

If it's an electrolytic one it usually shows the polarity.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The photo is blurry, but I think I see a black mark on the can that marks polarity. Look at the shot where the can is oriented toward the camera - the mark is on the edge towards the legs of the tweezers.

If that is the case, then the cap is electrolytic (it's awfully big for 10 pF at any voltage or dielectric). Then it could be 100 uF at 25 volts. Trolling through catalogs for SMD electrolytics in that size case might turn something up.

TheBellows

Joined Jan 18, 2009
Maybe you can find the schematics for your mobo?
I thought electrolytic caps always had the "uF" marking, that's why i thought of polystyrene caps because i read that they're often printed without units.

From the clouded picture, the image looks very typical of a surface mount aluminum electrolytic capacitor. My initial guess would be for 100 uF and 25 V as well. However, every manufacturer seems to have their own system.

Here is one example of the marking system... http://www.niccomp.com/SMTE-CAPmark0403.pdf

Many of the surface mount AL electrolytic caps do not have the "uF" marking on them as there is no space on the top, where they are typically printed.